- Adventure & off the beaten track
- Extensions and excursions
- Vietnam adventure tours
- Vietnam Excursions
- Vietnam Tours
GENERAL INFORMATION OF THE BA BE LAKE TOUR
Mesmerizing with rivers, waterfalls and mountain ranges of northern Vietnam through this Ba Be lake tour with Orient Skyline Travel! From the flat basin of the Red River Delta, travel Northward to Ba Be National Park to see lakes and caves set amid towering limestone mountains! Take a swim in the lake’s emerald water and sleep in the traditional bamboo stilted houses, homes of the Tay ethnic minority!
Ba Be national park
- Passing through picturesque countryside in the Red River Delta
- Driving along limestone ridges of the Northeast Vietnam
- Observing local activities around Vietnam’s largest lake
- Enjoying a scenic boat ride on Ba Be Lake
- Soaking in the mist from the mighty Dau Dang Waterfall
- Adventure English-speaking local guide
- Carefully selected accommodation with breakfast
- Local food meals listed in the itinerary
- Comfortable and air-conditioned transfers
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Scenic boat trip while on tour
- Excursions as mentioned
- Service charges and government VAT tax
THROUGH BA BE LAKE TOUR, YOU WILL DISCOVER
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be (L, D)
Depart early for a seven-hour scenic journey through the Red River Delta toward Ba Be district, more or less 270 kilometers away. As you head north following curves of the river valley, the landscape turns mountainous. Stop at a scenic roadside village for lunch and to stretch your legs, arriving in Ba Be National Park later in the afternoon. You’ll have time for a quick look around and to catch the sunset. The national park, lake, rivers, waterfalls and caves cover more than 7,000 hectares. You have a lot to explore!
Overnight in Ba Be.
Day 2 : Ba Be lake – Overnight homestay (B, L, D)
After having breakfast at the park’s guesthouse, drive to a jetty and board a private boat for a cruise on Ba Be Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Vietnam. Depending on the weather, take a swim in the lake’s pristine waters, or if you’re lucky you might spot monkeys swaying in the jungles surrounding the lake. After lunch, continue by boat to Pac Ngoi, village of Tay hill tribe, where you will stay in a stilted house. Have a cup of tea by the fireplace and chat with your hosts to learn more about their lifestyle and their rich culture. This experience will stay long in your memory.
Overnight homestay in Ba Be.
Day 3 : Ba Be – Hanoi (B, L)
Say good bye to your hosts and head towards Hanoi. On the way, pop into the Thai Nguyen ethnology museum and see exhibits and artifacts from the region. You will arrive in the destination in the mid afternoon.